Wednesday, August 22, 2012

MONTANA, SIEGEL CREEK

There is a lot to do in this park but nothing could top yesterdays tour, except for maybe a helicopter ride.  We stop and ask but they are all booked up for today.

We come down the opposite side of Flathead Lake and marvel at all of the cherry orchards.  We follow the wide and clear Flathead River as it enters the Lolo National Forest and then follow the Clark Fork upriver.  I'm looking for a river access but I turn down the wrong road.  As I'm turning around I back right into the ditch.  Damn!  We attempt to dig ourselves out but to no avail.  There is no cell service here so Peggy bicycles down to the big road and calls AAA.  The tow truck arrives in about two hours and has us out in five minutes.  We stay the night beside Siegel Creek in the National Forest.

1 comment:

  1. Siegel Creek is a beautiful location with lots of outdoor recreation opportunities, just be sure to stay on the main road unless you have good 4WD and/or a winch! My hunting cabin is just a couple miles down the road and besides the placid float trips and INCREDIBLE blue ribbon trout fishing, I enjoy hiking and horseback riding the mountains. I found a matched 6X6 set of shed deer antlers one day, a 4 pt shed the next day and then saw two Great Horned Owls during daylight hours, which is nearly unheard of. Lots of deer and elk in the area, so I'm anxious for the start of Bow Season!

    ReplyDelete